Jourie - جوري
A 15% laurel recipe soap with a bright rose scent & soothing pink color.
"Jourie" is one of the Arabic names for the rose flower. Smells like the rose water in your favorite Mediterranean desserts. Enjoy as a daily soap or hair wash thanks to the mild recipe & delicate pink clay. Try cutting pieces to hide in drawers & closets to keep them smelling nice.
Scent: sweet, floral, uplifting
Minimum weight: 8.5oz full bar (Every soap is made, cut & stamped by hand. The variances between each bar do not affect the quality of the product.)
Ingredients: Saponified olive(85%) oil, laurel(15%) oil, pink clay, essential oils
Information: Jourie was inspired by the first recipe I learned to cook: a cozy & warm pudding called Mouhalbiya that is simple to make & easy to please anyone. Perfect for the cold days ahead.
- 1.5 to 2 cups milk
- 2 heaping tbsp corn starch
- 2 heaping tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp rose water
1. Mix dry ingredients in a small pot
2. Add milk gradually to blend ingredients
3. Consistently stir on medium heat until a thick consistency is reached (approx. 5 minutes)
4. Add rosewater
5. Serve in bowl. Enjoy hot or cold with cinnamon & pistachios